OpenACC members are sponsoring "hackathons" to help developers parallelize important HPC applications for accelerators and coprocessors.
Hackathon teams of two to six developers port scalable applications to accelerators, guided by expert mentors from industry and academia.
Five hackathons are currently scheduled for 2017:
- Forschungzentrum Juelich, Juelich, Germany (6-10 March 2017)
- Brookhaven National Laboratory, Upton, New York (5-9 June 2017)
- CSCS, Lugano, Switzerland (12-16 June 2017)
- NASA Langley, Hampton, Virginia (31 July-4 August 2017)
- Oak Ridge NL, Knoxville, Tennessee (16-20 October 2017)
For more information on these hackathons:
These events build on earlier OpenACC Hackathons:
- Oak Ridge NL, Knoxville, Tennessee (2014-2016)
- NCSA, Champaign-Urbana, Illinois (2015)
- CSCS, Lugano, Switzerland (2015-2016)
- TU Dresden/Forschungzentrum Juelich, Dresden, Germany (2016)
- University of Delaware, Newark, Delaware (2016)
Here is a YouTube video summary of the first OpenACC Hackathon in Europe (at CSCS in July, 2015):